One day we won't have to post 4 times a week about healthcare--and that day comes sooner if everyone gets involved. As always, the issue is how the AHCA will leave some of the most vulnerable populations in this country uninsured or with a burden of cost that they cannot bare.
Let's get down to business:
- Contact your Congresspersons
- Regardless of how your representative voted, use this information and script to tell them how you feel. Make sure you let your Republican Rep know that you'll remember this come election season.
- Call your senators: use this information and script from Planned Parenthood to call your senators and urge them to reject the AHCA.
- Sign Some Petitions
- Donate to campaigns of politicians running against Reps that voted for AHCA
- Check out Indivisible's toolkit to oppose AHCA.
- Write a letter to the editor with help from Moms Rising
- Sign Up for Washington Post's Healthcare 202 to follow the Washington, DC healthcare debate.
- Donate money to the campaigns of people running against the Republican Congresspersons who voted in favor of the AHCA. Below are 11 particularly vulnerable seats. You can click their names to donate directly to the candidate running against them (and if you live in their district, give them a call):
- Martha Roby, (334) 428-1129
- Carlos Curbelo, (305) 222-0160
- Erik Paulsen, (952) 405-8510
- Martha McSally, (520) 881-3588
- Don Young, (907) 271-5978
- Scott Tipton, (719) 587-5105
- You can volunteer with Swing Left, an organization focused on identifying vulnerable red seats and turning them blue.