45 recently established a “Commission on Election Integrity” to investigate his claim that millions of fraudulent votes were cast by non-citizens during the 2016 Presidential election. The co-chair of this committee is the Kansas Secretary of State, Kris Kobach. Kobach notorious for his voter suppression efforts in Kansas. Research has found very few incidents of suspected non-citizen voting during the 2016 election (only about 0.0001%).
Get informed about Kris Kobach and the issue of voter fraud:
- Brennan Center for Justice on the "Myth of Voter Fraud"
- New York Times on 45's Commission on Election Integrity
- Washington Post on the 4 confirmed cases of voter fraud
- FactCheck.org on Voter Fraud
- Take a deep dive into Snope's Voter Fraud page or NPR's voter fraud archives