We've got to get to work on winning back The House, luckily the cool folx at Swing Left are gearing up for their Summer Challenge. From July 29 - September 29, they will be going out into Democratic neighborhoods in our Swing Districts across the country to talk to voters and make sure they're ready to get to the polls!
Swing Left cites studies that show getting voters to “commit” in advance can meaningfully increase turnout. So, they'll be focused on collecting commitment cards from supporters -- and making sure they're registered to vote. they'll also be sharing updates throughout the summer challenge and giving out some fun awards to the top canvassers and leading districts!
1. Sign up to host or attend a canvass with other Swing Left volunteers.
- Sign up for at least one canvass between July 29 - September 29. We will make sure you have all the information and training you need to prepare for a successful event.
2. Find a target neighborhood in your Swing District and create a walk map
- Note: Each canvasser pair should aim to knock 30 doors during a 2-3 hour canvass. Estimate the number of houses on a block and pick a starting address and an ending address for your canvass.
3. Participate in an online training and review the Host Guide to prepare for your event
4. Get comfortable with the script and Swing Left’s new tool
5. Get out there and HAVE FUN!
- Share a group pic, video, or anecdote from your event on Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook (or all three!). Don’t forget to include #swingleft and #summerchallenge so that Swing Left can retweet/repost!