In light of the impending government shutdown over the spending bill, Mr. 45 has said he will not vacation in Florida this weekend. How very considerate and generous of him.
WHAT'S GOING ON?
Thursday night, the House passed another four-week stopgap funding bill.
The bill heads to the Senate this morning, which adjourned late last night with no sign that Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (aka sad turtle) would have the votes to pass the continuing measure.
The House did not need Democrat votes to pass the bill, but the Senate does (at least 12 Democrats, if not more). Many Senate Democrats have come out saying they will vote "no" on the measure. (CNN)
- The Wall - 45 and supporters won't pass a bill without Wall funding.
- CHIP - Children's Health Insurance Program funding is on the line.
- DACA (Resources to use with DACA: Protect Our Dreamers campaign and No Family Ban video)
- Military Spending - can we chill, please?
- Disaster Relief in Puerto Rico - 3 months later, about 50% of Puerto Ricans are still without power.